This exclusive program will provide one string quartet with multiple performance opportunities alongside our roster of distinguished musicians, intensive coaching and mentorship with the finest professional chamber musicians performing today.
The winning quartet, chosen through video audition, will spend three weeks in the Napa Valley, July 31-- August 21,2022, rehearsing, performing and studying with professional musicians.
The Fellowship includes:
- All travel expenses, housing, local transportation, and $400 weekly stipend per member
- Performance opportunities with festival musicians and ensembles
- Intensive daily ensemble coaching
- Individual private lessons
The winning quartet will also serve as chamber music ambassadors in the greater Napa community.
Music in the Vineyards takes place every August in beautiful winery venues in the Napa Valley. The three-week festival showcases world-class musicians and distinguished string quartets. The Strad magazine named it "one of the Top Seven summer chamber music festivals in the U.S." In August 2022, the Pacifica, Escher and Maxwell String Quartets will be in residence.
- A video of two contrasting movements of any length, linked through Google Drive Application Form
- A short (1-3 minute) spoken introduction from each member that includes a brief personal bio and any distinctive or unique features about your ensemble that would make you suitable for this Fellowship
- A comprehensive quartet repertoire list
Deadline: All materials are due by midnight Pacific Standard Time, January 30th, 2022.