Following our hugely enjoyable trip to Vienna and Prague earlier this year, Artistic Directors Michael and Daria Adams are your hosts on a deluxe cultural journey to the heart of Italy next spring! We’ll be surrounded by masterpieces of Italian art as we enjoy wonderful meals in city and countryside and tastings of the local wines, cheeses and proscuittos. The music highlights are terrific as we attend the 91st annual Maggio Musicale in Florence, the oldest continual music festival in Europe. Of course, no music tour of Italy would be complete without opera, with performances of two Italian classics at Parma’s beautiful Teatro Regio and the most famous opera house in the world, La Scala in Milan. Private chamber concerts, exclusive to the group, will take place in Parma and Milan.
Final details of the tour including registration forms and final costs will be available by the third week of October. If you are interested just let us know and we will add you to the list to receive a personal email with all the information.
We begin in Milan and a performance of Donizetti’s Don Pasquale at the famed La Scala, followed the next day by a visit to Leonardo’s great Last Supper in the refectory of Santa Maria delle Grazie. Then it’s on to the Emilia Romagna region, the breadbasket of Italy and Verdi country where the great composer passed most of his life. On the way to our hotel in Parma, we’ll stop at Puccini’s villa at Torre del Lago and the beautiful walled city of Lucca. Finally, a coda takes us to Florence a city unrivaled in the West as a treasure of art and architecture, and a favored stop on The Grand Tour for centuries. Guided by experts, we will visit several of the great monuments of the city.
The tour dates are May 15 – 26, 2024. Deluxe accommodation, fine cuisine, stirring concerts and opera, plenty of free time, and Michael and Daria’s commentary make this an unforgettable trip you won’t want to miss!
- Prime tickets to performances at the renowned Maggio Musicale Festival in Florence, and Donizetti’s hilarious Don Pasquale and Puccini’s Tosca at La Scala and Parma respectively
- Private chamber concerts performed exclusively for the group in Parma and Milan
- Visits to the villa homes of Puccini in Torre del Lago and Verdi at Sant’Agata as well as the Casa Verdi retirement home in Milan
- Private guided tours of major artistic sites of Florence, Parma and Milan with expert art historians, including the Uffizi, Accademia (David), Leonardo’s Last Supper in Milan and many others
- The commentary of MITV’s Michael and Daria Adams
- Exclusive tastings of fine wines, parmesan cheese, prosciuttos, and balsamic vinegar
- Deluxe accommodations in four- and five-star hotels in Florence, Parma and Milan
- Private air-conditioned motorcoach transportation
- Plenty of free time to relax, shop or additional sight-seeing!
Tour limited to 25 participants.
The price of our trip to Vienna and Prague was $6,500 per person excluding air fare and including a donation to Music in the Vineyards. The ticket price for Italy will be around $7,000 per person and will be available in the Fall.
If you would like to register your interest please supply your name and contact details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 2024 Italian Tour.
Below are photographs and rave reviews from our travelers on this years tour to Vienna and Prague: