Have you been playing one of the following instruments and striving to achieve the highest musical standard?
•Violin• •Viola• •Cello• •Bass• •Flute• •Oboe• •Clarinet• •Bassoon• •Horn• •Trumpet• •Trombone• •Piano•
Join us for our eighth annual competition Spring 2021, to compete for one of these fabulous prizes:
1st place – $1,000 2nd place – $750 3rd place – $500 Honorable Mention - $100
In addition, the top three winners will perform in a recital as part of the Music in the Vineyards 27th Annual Festival season.
You will be asked to perform two pieces by contrasting composers from the classical music repertoire, unaccompanied, each 2–5 minutes in length. You will also be required to attend the reception immediately following the competition where the winners will be announced and comments will be distributed.
Prizes will be awarded during the festival in August 2021, following a short performance by each of the winners. You MUST be present at this recital to receive your award.
Merit Award Criteria
- Applications will be accepted from instrumentalists only, not vocalists.
- Applicant must be in grades ten, eleven or twelve and a resident of California.
- Applicant must study classical music.
- Applicant cannot be a previous First Place Winner in the previous competition
- A $10 fee is payable upon submission of application. This can be paid by cash, check or credit card.
Full details of the deadline and an application form will be available by November. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, our 2020 competition took place online and the winners submitted videos as part of our Music in the Vineyards @Home 2020 virtual festival. We are hoping that the 2021 competition will be live but we are able to undertake the competition online.