Have you been playing one of the following instruments and striving to achieve the highest musical standard?
•Violin• •Viola• •Cello• •Bass• •Flute• •Oboe• •Clarinet• •Bassoon• •Horn• •Trumpet• •Trombone• •Piano•
Join us for our annual competition Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 11.00am at the Napa Valley Performing Arts Center, Lincoln Theater in Yountville to compete for one of these fabulous prizes:
1st place – $1,000 2nd place – $750 3rd place – $500
In addition, all three winners will perform in a recital on Friday, August 17, 2018 as part of the Music in the Vineyards Festival season.
You will be asked to perform two pieces by contrasting composers from the classical music repertoire, unaccompanied, each 2–5 minutes in length. You will also be required to attend the reception immediately following the competition where the winners will be announced and comments will be distributed.
Prizes will be awarded on Friday, August 17, 2018 at Silverado Vineyards following a short performance by each of the winners. You MUST be present at this recital to receive your award.
Merit Award Criteria
- Applications will be accepted from instrumentalists only, not vocalists.
- Applicant must be in grades ten, eleven or twelve and a resident of California.
- Applicant must study classical music.
- Applicant cannot be a previous First Place Winner in the previous competition
- A $10 fee is payable upon submission of application. This can be paid by cash, check or credit card.