2019 Solo Instrumental Competition
Have you been playing one of the following instruments and striving to achieve the highest musical standard?
•Violin• •Viola• •Cello• •Bass• •Flute• •Oboe• •Clarinet• •Bassoon• •Horn• •Trumpet• •Trombone• •Piano•
Join us for our sixth annual competition Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 10.00am at the Napa Valley College Performing Arts Center to compete for one of these fabulous prizes:
1st place – $1,000 2nd place – $750 3rd place – $500
In addition, all three winners will perform in a recital on Saturday, August 3rd, 2019 as part of the Music in the Vineyards 25th Anniversary Festival season.
You will be asked to perform two pieces by contrasting composers from the classical music repertoire, each 2–5 minutes in length. You will also be required to attend the reception immediately following the competition where the winners will be announced and comments will be distributed.
Prizes will be awarded on Saturday, August 3, 2019 following a short performance by each of the winners. You MUST be present at this recital to receive your award.
Merit Award Criteria
- Applications will be accepted from instrumentalists only, not vocalists.
- Applicant must be in grades ten, eleven or twelve and a resident of California.
- Applicant must study classical music.
- Applicant cannot be a previous First Place Winner in the previous competition
- A $10 fee is payable upon submission of application. This can be paid by cash, check or credit card.
All applications must be submitted by Monday, February 18, 2019.