COVID-19 Precautions for 2021 Festival Concerts
The health and safety of all Music in the Vineyards audiences, artists and staff is our priority during this year’s festival. We have adapted the format of our concerts according to what is recommended by state and county health guidelines. Concerts will take place in a combination of outdoor and indoor locations and all venues will have a reduced audience size.
To achieve maximum comfortable seating capacity, all patrons attending the festival will be required to show proof of full vaccination dated two weeks prior to the concert. Our aim is to make you as safe and comfortable as we can, in a vaccinated, limited, audience. Musicians, staff, and volunteers will also be vaccinated. There is also a mandate in place in Napa County requiring everyone to wear masks for our indoor concerts. We will provide masks at the door for anyone who forgets to bring one.
This year, we have reduced the seating capacity for each concert. To enable as many patrons as possible to attend we have limited the number of tickets for purchase to two per concert. Please contact us if you have any questions.
For those patrons who do not feel able to attend live events this summer, we are excited, for the first time, to be able to offer four of our wonderful concerts online. Take a look and sign up.
Click here to see full details of our concert schedule. We are thrilled to welcome you back to live performances this year and can’t wait to see you in August.
2021 Guidelines for Festival Concerts:
- Please check in at the box office desk using your name, as in previous years. Check-in will be contactless and you do not need to bring a print out of your receipt.
- Entry to all MITV Concerts will require proof of receiving a fully completed Covid-19 vaccine two weeks prior to the concert date. There will be no exceptions for entry to any concert, including for youth, without providing proof of vaccination and a photo i.d. at the door.
The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination*:
o Vaccination card (which includes the name of person vaccinated, type of COVID-19 vaccine provided, and date the last dose was administered)
o A photo of the attendee’s vaccination card as a separate document
o A photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device
o Documentation of full vaccination from a healthcare provider
*Please note that Negative Covid-19 test results will not be permissible for entry. There are not exceptions to proof of full vaccination.
- Patrons will be allowed to choose where they will sit, and we will open the doors in a timely manner to avoid lines. Patrons are requested to remain in their seats once they have entered the concert venue, and we also ask that patrons respect distancing.
- Patrons are required to wear face masks at indoor concerts, due to the move of Napa County into the "high" transmission category.
- Advanced reservations will be required via phone or online. No walk-up orders will be taken at the box office.
- Concert programs will be available at the venue for you to pick up. If you prefer, you will be able to download the program to your computer or cell phone in a mobile friendly format.
- There will be an intermission at each concert. Details for wine tasting at each concert will be given as the regulations change under guidance from our winery partners.
- All seats will be sanitized and cleaned before and after each concert.
- In order to allow adequate air flow throughout our concert venues, it may be necessary to allow some windows and doors to remain open. This will inevitably allow sound from outside to enter the concert hall. We appreciate your understanding.
We encourage anyone who is feeling unwell not to attend our concerts. If you need to cancel your plans, please call the box office at 707.258 5559 or email us. Tickets will be refunded, exchanged or can be returned to the Festival as a tax-deductible donation.