Music in the Vineyards Goes To Vienna & Prague!
On Friday, August 5th at 6:30pm at Silverado Vineyards, we will have a presentation by The Grand Tour Travel about our trip to Vienna and Prague, scheduled for May 1 - 11 2023. If you would like to find out more, just come along. If you are not able to attend but would like more information please email us.
The tour will last 10 days and 9 nights. Limited to 25 participants
In March 2020 Artistic Directors, Michael and Daria Adams along with a group of MITV supporters were all set to undertake an intimate 10-day journey to two of the great music cities of the world, Vienna and Prague. Everyone had their bags packed and then the Covid-19 pandemic took hold and the trip had to be postponed. Finally this wonderful trip is rescheduled for Spring 2023. We will have the final details and cost of the trip available very soon but in the meantime here are details of the planned highlights.
Along with Michael and Daria Adams, we will explore the heart of these beautiful places where many of the great composers lived and worked and the Hapsburgs reigned. Follow in the footsteps of major composers, enjoy performances by outstanding artists, and revel in private concerts, exclusive to the tour. A cruise along the blue Danube, deluxe accommodations, great food and wine, plus Michael and Daria's expert commentary and company complete this spectacular trip for music lovers and MITV fans!
- Performance by the Vienna Philharmonic in the historic Wiener Konzerthaus.
- Performance of Mozart's Rigoletto at the beautiful Vienna State Opera.
- Chamber music concert in the Musikverein plus other chamber performances in Prague.
- Private concerts exclusive to the tour group.
- Tours of major sites in Vienna and Prague with expert guides, including private early-entry tour of the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna, one of the finest art museums in the world, and the houses of Beethoven, Schubert and Dvořák.
- Exclusive private viewing of Beethoven manuscripts at the Lobkowicz Palace.
- Ferry river cruise on the Danube and wine tasting in the lovely Wachau region.
- Deluxe accommodations in the historic city centers at 5-star hotels.
- Fine dining and wonderful cafés in both cities.
- Plenty of free time to relax, shop or sightsee!
- Commentary by Michael and Daria throughout the journey on the music you hear and the places you visit.
The brochure for the postponed 2020 tour is available here to give you a taste of how the 2023 tour will be organized.
The safety and well being of our patrons is our prime concern and we are hoping that by Easter 2023 travel to and from Europe will be easier for all.