Saturday, August 12, 2017 | 5:30 pm | SOLD OUT There are no more tickets available to this event.
Charles Krug Winery | 2800 Main Street, St. Helena
$275 per person/ $2,000 table (8)
Join us for a fabulous evening of haute cuisine, wine and music to mark the 23rd season of Music in the Vineyards. Following a wine and hors d’oeuvres reception, you’ll enjoy a chamber music concert by the Pacifica Quartet and virtuosi in the historic Carriage House; dine on the great lawn to the strains of café dansant music by the Baguette Quartette; and finally join in an exciting live auction to benefit the education and community-focused programs of Music in the Vineyards.
Take a look at our Auction Sneak Peek!
Lot 1: Getaway in Santa Fe
Enjoy a visit to Santa Fe that is rich in culture, music, and fine cuisine.
- Four nights at The Alameda, in a two-bedroom condominium owned by MITV friend Joan Crowley; decorated with art and textiles in Joan’s inimitable fashion. Swimming pool and gym, all comforts.
- Six tickets to the acclaimed Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival (July 15 – August 20, 2018).
- Two tickets to the legendary Santa Fe Opera, where you will enjoy music and drama under the stars plus Preferred Parking and a pass for two for a backstage tour. (June 29 – August 25, 2018)
- Dinner for two at The Compound Restaurant, the elegant restaurant on Canyon Road; lunch or dinner at the popular Café Pasqual’s; and lunch or dinner at La Boca, winner of the James Beard Best Chef Award, 2014.
*Airfare not included.
Opening Bid: $1,600
Donors: Joan Crowley, Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival, Santa Fe Opera, The Compound Restaurant
Lot 2: Passport to the Napa Valley
Enjoy the best our region has to offer with this selection of memorable experiences for two people. Indulge yourselves by being tourists in your own town, or give these most memorable gifts to family and friends.
- Hot air balloon ride with Napa Valley Balloons.
- Your choice of spa services at the Silverado Report and Spa.
- Multi-course dinner, with wines, at the three-star Michelin rated Restaurant at Meadowood.
- Limousine ride with Pure Luxury for five hours.
- Napa Valley Wine Train lunch or dinner.
- One night at the Westin Verasa Napa in a Deluxe King Room.
- Exclusive wine tasting for four people at Robert Craig Winery.
- A bottle of 2010 Diamond Creek Lake Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
*To be used by August 2018.
Opening Bid: $2,500
Donors: The Restaurant at Meadowood, Marian Berg, Diamond Creek Vineyards, Napa Valley Balloons, Robert Craig Winery, The Westin Verasa Napa, Pure Luxury Transportation, Napa Valley Wine Train
Lot 3: Park Avenue on Your Avenue
Who wouldn’t love the opportunity to entertain friends at home with superb cuisine and service yet not have to lift a finger? Make it Valentine’s Day, an anniversary, or a special birthday! Invite up to eight guests to enjoy dinner provided by the culinary artists of Park Avenue Catering (the featured caterer at La Belle Époque). Music in the Vineyards will help provide live music for the occasion.
- Three-course dinner for ten.
- Musical entertainment chosen by Music in the Vineyards to please your taste.
- A Magnum of 2014 Diamond Creek Volcanic Hill Cabernet Sauvignon.
* Park Avenue Catering will provide one server, one chef, china, flatware, cloth napkins, and wine and water glasses. The offer is for a mutually convenient date, Saturdays excluded.
Opening Bid: $2,000
Donor: Park Avenue Catering, Diamond Creek Vineyards, Music in the Vineyards
Lot 4: Escape to Nuevo Vallarta Luxury
What better way to relax this winter than on a lounge chair on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Riviera Nayarit? A waiter comes by to serve you fresh fruit, cool water, drinks and canapés. The next day you play golf. These are two snapshots of your week at the Marival Residences Luxury Resort in Nuevo Puerto Vallarta, sixteen miles north of Puerto Vallarta. You will stay in a two-bedroom, oceanside apartment—complete with kitchen, living room, and balcony. The winning bidder may choose from a wide range of available dates.
- Seven night stay in a two-bedroom residence with ocean view. Accommodates three to six persons.*
- The only luxury all-inclusive resort on the Riviera Nayarit.*
- Gourmet cuisine at four international restaurants.
- VIP Beach Club, Playa Perfecta, with bar and refreshment services.
- Unlimited golf.
- Activity program and evening shows.
* Blackout dates: Christmas, New Year, Easter, and Holy Week. This is an all-inclusive resort and guests will be required to pay $110 per person per day which covers all food and drinks. Airfare not included.
Opening Bid: $3,500
Donor: Dana & Gary Shapiro
Lot 5: Roll Over Beethoven, The Party!
Join us next summer for an upscale, down-home evening on the chic, cozy terrace at Alpha Omega. Proprietors Michelle and Robin Baggett have donated their winery for this private event, as have vintners Jeff Gargiulo and David Duncan graced us with their popular country rock band, the Silverado Pickups. This band has headlined several MITV Rollover Beethoven events and performed at Bottlerock for the last five years. Sing and dance the night away!
- Saturday, June 23, 2018 at Alpha Omega Winery.
- A delicious dinner of wood-fired meats, grilled sides and seasonal salads prepared by Stellar Catering.
- Wines by Alpha Omega.
- Music and dancing, with The Silverado Pickups.
Buy-In: $295 per person
Donors: Alpha Omega Winery, The Silverado Pickups, Anne & Greg Evans, Barbara & Don Niemann.
Lot 6: Poolside at the Coppolas'
Pamper yourselves and your friends or family with a day basking by the pool, and enjoying fabulous food, wine, and fun at the celebrated Francis Ford Coppola Winery in Geyserville. A bottle of sparkling Sofia awaits you in the Owner’s Suite, which you and your guests have exclusive use of, to freshen up and change throughout the day. After dinner at The Rustic, enjoy a restful night at the Geyserville Inn, set amid vineyards.
- The use of the Owner’s Suite, where a bottle of sparkling Sofia awaits.
- Enjoyment of the park and swimming pools, covering 3,600 square feet, and connected by a swim-through water bridge.
- Lunch at the poolside café.
- Wine tasting, visits to the Coppolas’ film and car museums.
- Dinner at The Rustic where Francis Ford Coppola shares his personal recipes;
- A signed bottle of Eleanor and a gorgeous wool scarf inspired by the label, from The Eleanor Gift Collection.
- One-night stay at the Geyserville Inn. (Gift certificate for $600).
* Date must be mutually agreed upon, valid until October 1st, 2018.
Opening Bid: $1,500
Donors: Eleanor & Francis Ford Coppola, Geyserville Inn
Lot 7: Château in the Bordeaux Region
- Seven Nights / twelve people.
- Six bedrooms each with its own bath.
- Dinner for twelve prepared by a local chef and served in the château’s dining room.
- Visit to a first growth winery in the St. Emillion region.
- November 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018*.
This enchanting 19th century castle is set amid fifty acres of rolling vineyards and is located twenty-five minutes from the city of Bordeaux. It has been lovingly restored to a high standard and is furnished with antiques and period furniture. Your stay comes with a dinner prepared and served by a noted chef in the region, with locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. You will also receive a private tour at one of the first growth wine estates in St. Emillion.
The location and timing are perfect for a family reunion or a get-away with friends at Thanksgiving, truffle season, or in early spring when the vines are budding. The area is rich in renowned wine châteaus, medieval castles, art museums, and restaurants.
* Blackout dates: Christmas/New Year week. Airfare not included.
Opening Bid: $6,500
Donors: Trudie & Neil Prior, Ulla & John Brown
Lot 8: Fine Wine and Feast at The French Laundry
Dinner for Six at The French Laundry
The words “Thomas Keller,” or “The French Laundry,” need no explanation. The whole world knows their fame as a quintessential dining experience. Mr. Keller has generously donated a dinner for six, hosted by winemaker Bob Long, on a date of your choosing. The multi-course tasting menu will be accompanied by prized wines from Bob’s collection as well as others donated by friends.
You will also receive a tour of the new kitchen by Thomas Keller, if he is available, or his head chef. Wines will include:
2013 Sea Smoke Chardonnay- Santa Rita Hills
2011 Katherine Hall Vineyards Cabernet - Hall Rutherford Winery
2007 Shafer Hillside Select Cabernet - Stags Leap District
2001 Maya Cabernet (Magnum) - Oakville
2000 Long Vineyards Cabernet (Magnum) - Pritchard Hill
2015 Ovid Experiment W2.5 White Wine Blend
1999 Château d’Yquem Sauternes
- Complete tasting menu dinner for six at The French Laundry.
- Rare, prize-winning wines to accompany the meal.
- Private tour of the newly-remodeled kitchen.
- Three cookbooks signed and personalized by Thomas Keller.
*Reservations can be guaranteed by concierge on a mutually agreed date – no less than 30 days prior to booking.
Opening Bid: $3,000
Donors: The French Laundry, Bob Long, Anne & Greg Evans, Alan Charles Dell’Ario, Ovid Napa Valley
Lot 9: The Birds & The Seas
Escape to the sea and enjoy a week-long stay at an award-winning residence in Sea Ranch, designed to let the fresh ocean air and surrounding cypress grove take center stage. Fall in love with this little slice of coastal heaven, located just a few hours north of the Napa Valley, along a 10-mile stretch of the Sonoma County Coast. Sea Ranch is internationally known for its distinctive architecture, the sensitivity of its land planning, and community-based stewardship of the natural environment.
- Seven-night stay for two couples at a private home in Sea Ranch, designed by Turnbull, Griffin, Haesloop.
- Private dinner at the Tonellas’ in Anchor Bay.
- Guided birdwatching walk by Deborah Tonella and wildflower walk by Anne Evans.
- Massages for all 4 guests.
Lodging, dinner and hike dates subject to mutual agreement between Winning Bidder(s) and the Evans/Tonella hosts. Massage appointments to be made in advance by the Winning Bidder(s).
Opening Bid: $1,500
Donors: Anne & Greg Evans, Deborah & Raymond Tonella